Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dorothy Webb Davies (1): A Sonnet

The Sonnet was the focus of the RWS September meeting.

LACK OF INSPIRATION

When we agreed we'd each attempt a sonnet
I found my mind gone blank, to my dismay!
I take my paper, write some rubbish on it,
Then tear it up and throw the bits away.

The days slip by, the deadline's drawing nearer.
I wake at night and wonder what to do.
Where is my vision? Once my mind was clearer!
But now, I do not seem to have a clue

I ponder on the inspiration question
Here in the darkness with my lonely light.
I know my daytime life, with its congestion,
Has blocked my mind so that I cannot write.

Oh Spirit's heavenly sunshine please break through
The clouds of "Far Too Many Things-to-do"!

© Dorothy Webb Davies 2009


To return to our homepage, please click here.

No comments: